Monday 6 January 2014

Christmas is officially over

A slow start this morning after a late night, or should I say early morning last night.  By the time we'd cleared up and showered it was 1.30 so no alarm 'til 8 this morning.

I had a few errands to run in town so walked to the shops.

This afternoon T went off to play tennis so I had agreed to cover at my f-i-l's.  Just as I was gathering all the bits and pieces, including a new heated towel rail courtesy of Lakeland (www.lakeland.co.uk), the heavens opened and we had another deluge.  Fortunately it was intermittent and I managed to take things to the car without becoming too soaked.

TS had just mad f-i-l a cup of tea and then went off on her break.  About 5 minutes later f-i-l is complaining - he's dropped his biscuit in the tea cup.  So soggy it all falls apart and can't be eaten.

T arrives.  Her tennis party had started playing and then decided to give up when the rains came.

We dismantled f-i-l's Christmas tree and other decorations.  Christmas is now officially over.

F-i-l was in a bit of a funny mood today which didn't impress T.

Towel rail constructed and it fits - just - in the gap left by the removal of the old hot water cylinder.   Now we can arrange for a new socket to be fitted.

While working on the XP PC it decided to crash.  One of the solutions was to run CHKDSK.  I'd forgotten how long it takes from start to finish - over two hours. Probably time to consider a new PC.

Spent some of the time doing a sketch.  New sketchbook, this one with rings so it will be interesting to see how practical it is.
T hard at work

Off up north tomorrow and my throat is feeling worse so I'm heading for a shower and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment