Friday 3 January 2014

Steadier in the North; Thunder and lightning

Fortunately my dad seems a bitter more with it today so there's been no need to have him admitted to hospital.

I had a panic email from the golf club manager who couldn't open one of the doors because I had his key!  Popped up to sort him out.  The course is closed because of all the rain overnight.  I'm surprised we've managed to keep it open this long.  There were only two entrants for the 3 club competition on the 1st although the scorecards weren't yet available from the collection point at the bar.

Back via the local supermarket to buy a new kettle for my f-i-l.

After a morning of bright sunshine we suddenly had very black skies and a flash of lightning followed very shortly afterwards by an enormous crash of thunder.  Then it brightened up again.  Fortunately we haven't had it as bad as in the south west.

Afternoon spent trying to solve the problems with my dad's medication and catching up with some paperwork.

Tried a sketch of the back garden while I had a cup of tea.
View out to the back garden
It was getting very gloomy and eventually became too dark to see properly - inside or out.

Spoke with my dad who seemed on the ball and very aware of what was going on.  N, his wife had an episode at the residential home yesterday so was in bed when my brother took him over. Hopefully we'll get him over next week when I go up.

Badminton this evening.  Just four of us so a good hour's run around and some great fun games.  Not helpful for the sciatica though.

Should be playing golf tomorrow but yet again more rain is forecast.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment