Wednesday 1 January 2014

Hello 2014

Happy New Year!

May it bring you peace and happiness.

Another quiet night at my f-i-l's, he didn't call for me although I could hear him coughing.

As I mentioned yesterday, I was up earlier than usual as I went off to the golf club to unlock.  There was one hardy member and her guest, setting off in the gloom to try and complete their round before the rains came.

And did they come.  It didn't stop for about 9 hours.  Can't see many having braved the elements to win a crystal tumbler.

F-i-l a bit more shaky today.  Not sure if that was as a result of having kept himself awake with coughing or some other reason.  Still, managed to get through the morning and lunch without any major drama.  He did get upset when he saw newsreel footage of Hitler and Mussolini and a dramatised scene in 'The Eagle has landed' showing the transportation of Jews.  I think it brought back his experiences from WWII days.

T appeared at 2 and I disappeared back home about 4.  Caught up with an episode of the Swedish drama Arne Dahl. I've been hooked on these Scandinavian dramas ever since Forbrydelsen a.k.a. The Killing.  Mind you, my Danish and Swedish are still almost non-existent!  Restarted the episode and paused so I could do a sketch.


Arne Dahl characters

Phoned my dad.  Seems he's not had a good day.  Only wish we were closer in distance but I can't see him wanting to move south.

Now back at f-i-l's to cover overnight for the last time for a few days as the relief carer arrives tomorrow.

It's raining again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment